Questions and Helpful Hints
Help us to help you, below are helpful hints that could help us locate you faster in an emergency:
- When expecting an ambulance arrival, leave your porch light on and door open.
- Use 4 inch numbers to designate your house.
- Make sure your house number is visible from the street.
- Street / Road Signs – If the street or road signs in your area become missing or poorly visible, report it to your city or county official for replacement.
- Rural Areas – If you live in a rural area you can sometimes be difficult to find. You can improve your visibility by following a few simple steps:
- Make sure your mail boxes are free from clutter i.e.: trees, bushes & trash cans. these things can sometimes keep us from reading your box numbers.
- If you live off of the main road on an unmarked road or long driveway, be sure to mark your numerical address at the end of the road or driveway.
- Mark your mail box on both sides (many times we pass up a house because our direction of travel is opposite of the box numbers!)